Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks (Pasalamat)

In his recent email, Kuya Emil wrote about Thanksgiving and what it means to Americans. This caused me to ponder the meaning of the holiday, beyond its historic significance. Like he said, it truly is a good time to reflect on God's outpouring of love and blessings. I am so thankful to him for the inspiration, and his love for his family and country.

While I was on the phone with Ate Elaine (Laxamana) Laba yesterday, she helped remind me of God's graces. I praise God for blessing me with my wife, Tammy (read her blog entry), and our three bundles of joy. I am thankful that He continues to provide us all the strength, wisdom and faith so we can seize many opportunities to love, to help, to excel, to enjoy the moment, to connect with people, to appreciate one another, and to be ourselves. What an amazing Creator!

I am also very thankful for the love of my parents, Pepe and Fely, my eight brothers and sisters, as well as my extended family, from the Esguerras, the DeLeons, the Fisks (Tammy's) and to the Konegnis (Tammy's). Thanks for the memories and for being there today and tomorrow!

Whether you celebrate the American holiday or not, seize the moment and take full advantage of the opportunity to give thanks or say "I Love You" to the people you love...for tomorrow may never come.
On the Eve of Thanksgiving Day in the US, I'm sure we would all love to hear what you are thankful for. Please comment on this blog. For that, I thank you.
Maraming Salamat and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: