Of course, the food was good. Whether it was something simple like pancit or something fancy like rellenong bangus, it somehow always tasted better at family reunions. The games, especially the often rigged (just kidding) musical chairs, were always enjoyable. Yes, I'm bitter for not having won any of them =o). Dancing, whether it was the Esguerra couples standing on a piece of cardboard, or the post-"bulilit"/pre-"bagets" boys, donning Hagibis or Village People outfits, moving to the tune of "Katawan", were entertaining to those watching, yet embarassing to those on the spot. What I really miss was the family, the connection, the chance to catch up with my cousins, especially those that we refer to as "ka-batch"!Thank you all for the beautiful memories of yesteryears! Hats-off to those that have helped put together the past 40 years of family reunions, whether they were the large scale events in the Philippines, or the smaller get togethers in California or Arizona.
How about you? What do you miss about our family reunions? We would love to hear from all of you?
2 comments:
Splendid, I could see vivid flash back of the good old days. Simple phone call we can form a reunion then and it is entirely different now. We have to grab the opportunity of being together during wedding, birthdays, and sad to say sometimes even during the funeral. I am proud of our family and I am proud of you. We seem to be losing in touch but your idea made the world smaller. I look forward to checking if there is something new in the web and blog everyday.
THE BEST FAMILY EVER!!!!!!!!! =D
Post a Comment