Monday, November 24, 2008

Celebrate A Hero's Birthday!

Most of you probably remember "Jojit" Christopher Esguerra, as Kuya (Joey) Peping's oldest son, the one with the best dance moves among us young reunion dancers. Yesterday, Jojit, who now goes by "Chris", celebrated his 36th birthday in the battlefields of Iraq. I am glad that this one was more peaceful than his previous tour of duty in Afghanistan where his barracks were attacked with RPGs (rocket propelled grenades) on the eve of his birthday. With God's mercy, he and his comrades were not hurt.

Chris, a member of Army's 3rd Special Forces Group, enjoys his family life in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, when not serving overseas. Like Lolo Seniong, the Esguerra patriarch, many of us in the United States and around the globe enjoy our freedom because of the service of brave soldiers like Chris and Kuya Emil. They carry on the tradition of service and commitment as they proudly put on the uniform with the name "ESGUERRA" emblazoned on their chest.

Chris, we hope this posting reaches you in great health and safety. May God continue to bless you, your lovely wife, Hazel and your beautiful kids. You are all missed by your Dad, Lolo, Tito Abe and the many Esguerras around the globe. We await your safe return so you can once again put your dance shoes on and together show the clan how to properly "Strutt."
Happy Belated Birthday Sergeant Esguerra!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI CHRIS! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!DO YOU STILL REMEMBER ME TITA ELAINE LAXAMANA LABA(ROSE SISTER)?
I'M SO SUPRISED TO SEE YOU LOOK SO DIFFERENT FROM THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU AS A KID LIKE THE ONE ON THIS PICTURE FROM THE REUNION.

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!
MAY GOD PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,GIVE YOU STRENGHT, WISDOM AND BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!

LOVE YOU, TITA ELAINE
SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, belated happy birthday greetings from the Laxamanas. You may not remember me but your dad and I are really close buddies when you were much younger. Your dad and family must be really proud of your sacrifices for the country. Thank you for your services and take good care of yourself.